Here are a collection of neat Operations Research Application articles:
- a 5 minute video on Operations Research and Analytics
- Why UPS Trucks Don’t Turn Left
- How to Win the Price is Right using Game Theory
- “The Lion King” is 2013’s top Broadway earner with help from management science and yield management.
- What’s the chances of winning the billion-dollar basket bracket bet?
- How to Marry the Right One — A Mathematical Solution
- Why the Future of Innovation is Simulation
- How to Use Math to Crush Your Friends at Monopoly Like You’ve Never Done Before
- Soccer Goalies Ignore Basic Rule of Probability
- Visualizing Algorithms
- Test your decision making rationality
- Professor Balasubramanian’s Thoughts on the Science of Queuing
- Professor Balasubramanian’s Post on The Shortest Path, The Traveling Salesmand, and an Unsolved Question (I really liked the discussion around the open question of P and NP, and it’s relationship to critics versus artists).
- 10 Movies with OR Ties
- Guess the Correlation Game
- Why traffic congestion happens: a great example of the negative impacts of variability
- Switch Fix Algorithms Tour
Back: List of Courses I Teach